Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tough to be a small beastie around here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,494 Times in 929 Posts

Tough to be a small beastie around here

So I stepped out my front door just now... YIKES!!!

There's a thirty-pound bobcat in the middle of my lawn. Ran in to get my laser rifle, ran out; he was still there, entering the heavy brush in front.

Jacked back the handle... shit. EMPTY magazine.

Ran back in, telling Herself to keep an eye on it.

Got a handful of bullets, ran back out. "It just disappeared right there." She pointed to the trees between us and the road.

Jiminy. These things are worse than gators by a mile. A bobcat pulled apart Ricky's cyclone fence to kill all thirteen of his non-wild ducks. Just killed them all.

Thanks
    AAAAAND... I note that I cannot post a pic using the little picture frame thing anymore. It REJECTS me to a new red screen.

Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on goldsilverchat.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards).
    Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy

TINS.

Main1 -- You've read Heinlein.

"Once is bad luck; twice is coincidence; three times is enemy action."
    Last edited by Unca Walt; 10-12-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,681 Times in 4,881 Posts
    For what it's worth, I've also had issues posting pictures here ever since, well for quite a while. Anyway, there seems to be a work around, butttttt, I can neither explain it or make you understand it. Sometimes it works for me and sometimes..... NOT!

tinfoil.jpg
    "You have to prepare to die to really understand how to live".

Thanks
    Attempted to post a pic.

NO OTHER ACTION. JUST DOING WHAT IS REQUIRED TO POST A PIC. That is, I clicked on the little picture icon... when I tried to upload a pic of the bobcat, a red exclamation point appeared in the frame where you choose your own computer as the source of the pic.

Got blown out of this site and placed on a red screen.

Again.

Here it is, Main1... A screencap of the SECOND way to birth a red screen on your site:

Add an Image from your computer
    Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    FileSize
    bobcat.jpg196.1 KB [right here, you get the ! ]
    Total Size: 0 Files: 0
    Clear List

Hit Enter, and you are gone. Red screen.
    Last edited by Unca Walt; 10-12-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,485 Times in 6,496 Posts
    I'm rooting for the bobcat
    Not looking for trouble? What a horrible way to live! ~Cpt Jack Sparrow

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DodgebyDave For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,766 Times in 1,958 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unca Walt View Post
    So I stepped out my front door just now... YIKES!!!

There's a thirty-pound bobcat in the middle of my lawn. Ran in to get my laser rifle, ran out; he was still there, entering the heavy brush in front.

Jacked back the handle... shit. EMPTY magazine.

Ran back in, telling Herself to keep an eye on it.

Got a handful of bullets, ran back out. "It just disappeared right there." She pointed to the trees between us and the road.

Jiminy. These things are worse than gators by a mile. A bobcat pulled apart Ricky's cyclone fence to kill all thirteen of his non-wild ducks. Just killed them all.
    Coming from someone with your background, Unca, I'm a little surprised and just a bit disappointed. Remind me again what good an empty weapon is?
    "Damnation seize my soul if I give your quarters, or take any from you."

Edward Teach (1680 - 1718)

The only way you will ever get people to stop suckling at the teet of the whore of babylon is to sour the milk or make it run dry. - TGE

Thanks
    OK I seldom post pictures so let me have a go at it on my Chromebook running Linux and Chrome Browser.

From my hard drive.
    imbecile.jpg

Edit 1: First two failed because the file size limit is set to low. The above pic was the only one under the 59 kb limit.

Main1 needs to change that. It is always set to low by default with this software.

Edit 2 Now after I edited this post all that shows up is the link not the photo. I don't know why anyone thinks so highly of this crappy software, and yes I used to write code for Simple Machines Forum software 10 years ago. It is so far ahead of VB, and it's free. I guess people think you need to pay big bucks for software or it isn't any good. The Simple Machines Support Forum handles 200k + users every day without a hiccup.

So, the picture was there until I edited the post. Sum Tin Wong on your side Walt, and here for replacing the pic with just a link after a edit.

Edit 3 Now the pic is back.
    Last edited by thebreeze; 10-12-2017 at 08:45 PM.
    You don't get change by being polite, you have to offend people sometimes, or nothing will happen.

People rather die with a lie than live with the truth when the truth means: "you've been fooled all of your life".

The Breeze

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thebreeze View Post
    OK I seldom post pictures so let me have a go at it on my Chromebook running Linux and Chrome Browser.

From my hard drive.
    imbecile.jpg

Edit 1: First two failed because the file size limit is set to low. The above pic was the only one under the 59 kb limit.

Main1 needs to change that. It is always set to low by default with this software.

Edit 2 Now after I edited this post all that shows up is the link not the photo. I don't know why anyone thinks so highly of this crappy software, and yes I used to write code for Simple Machines Forum software 10 years ago. It is so far ahead of VB, and it's free. I guess people think you need to pay big bucks for software or it isn't any good. The Simple Machines Support Forum handles 200k + users every day without a hiccup.

So, the picture was there until I edited the post. Sum Tin Wong on your side Walt, and here for replacing the pic with just a link after a edit.

Edit 3 Now the pic is back.
    The only way I can see your image is to click on it.

Here tis!
    imbecile.jpg
    Now not working for me, being dyslexic sucks!

Thanks
    Yeah gone again for me also.
    You don't get change by being polite, you have to offend people sometimes, or nothing will happen.

People rather die with a lie than live with the truth when the truth means: "you've been fooled all of your life".

The Breeze

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoKid View Post
    Coming from someone with your background, Unca, I'm a little surprised and just a bit disappointed. Remind me again what good an empty weapon is?
    Ya got me, podnuh.

ALL my guns are loaded. (now) The .22 with the laser had just been cleaned, and somehow (no excuse, sir) I absolutely forgot to put some bangers in the magazine. The AK-47, SKS, deer rifles, yada are all ready to go.
    Last edited by Unca Walt; 10-13-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks
    (*snicker-snork-snuck*)

Between the breeze and eltee... we have a purty fair demo that THIS SOFTWARE IS SUCK-ASS DORKY.

I love the "proof" of how well it works:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here tis!
    imbecile.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

Dyslexia has nuffin to do wid it, eltee.

DOUBLE *snicker-snork-snuck* and further software proof-of-fuckup-fail:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 3 Now the pic is back. <-- TRIPLE *s-s-s* 'cause frankly, it ain't back, and never fargin was.

That pic has yet to show on any post on this site.

TINS.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Main1: UPDATE -- Red Screen This Moanin'. Still. Pix furgled and useless. Still.
    Last edited by Unca Walt; 10-13-2017 at 08:30 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Unca Walt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    (*snicker-snork-snuck*)

Between the breeze and eltee... we have a purty fair demo that THIS SOFTWARE IS SUCK-ASS DORKY.

I love the "proof" of how well it works:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here tis!
    imbecile.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

Dyslexia has nuffin to do wid it, eltee.

DOUBLE *snicker-snork-snuck* and further software proof-of-fuckup-fail:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 3 Now the pic is back. <-- TRIPLE *s-s-s* 'cause frankly, it ain't back, and never fargin was.

That pic has yet to show on any post on this site.

TINS.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Main1: UPDATE -- Red Screen This Moanin'. Still. Pix furgled and useless. Still.
    Yeah, the software is kinda out of date.

Walt, dyslexia is the reason I prefer to use pictures or illustrations to make a point or present an idea. If I have to jump through hoops to post those, well, I might not try. If something is to complicated for me to read - I don't. I rely on spell check, sometimes for the simplest of words. Remember Gold Duck from that other place? Well, he is no longer with us, but he was always using those smile things to make his point, and I don't think he ever found a browser with built in spell check as he spelled words the way he thought they sounded. It was who he was, RIP. Reading his posts for me was made even harder because of all the misspelled words, worse than made up words, I might add. I got made fun of, called stupid, you name it all through school, but I made it and went on to become an electronic technician - can read such things as electric and electronic schematics and diagrams just fine.

The software does need to be upgraded, but Main1, Bob, may not want to spend the time or money to do that. So, for now we just do what we can to get by. I'm not having the red screen here after making those adjustments to my settings.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lt Dan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Lt Dan -- Lemme tellya, bro... you have got your dyslexia beaten to a pulp. I would never have guessed you had any problem like that, and I edit other authors' writings.

You are quite erudite as well as excellent at spelling.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Unca Walt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,766 Times in 1,958 Posts
    Ya got me, podnuh.

ALL my guns are loaded. (now) The .22 with the laser had just been cleaned, and somehow (no excuse, sir) I absolutely forgot to put some bangers in the magazine. The AK-47, SKS, deer rifles, yada are all ready to go.
    Not beating on you Walt, I was just surprised. I have a good many firearms in my house and there are very few that are actually unloaded. Usually due to redundancy. In one case it's due to the weapon not being able to handle modern ammunition. I've got this ancient 12 gauge thin wall side-by-side that dates back to the late 1,800's. It would be perfect for cowboy action shooting with custom loads using black powder, but I wouldn't dare put modern loads in it.

Glad you got the AK and the SKS battle ready. You remind me that my 1911 needs to be thoroughly cleaned and oiled. Carried it yesterday while bushhogging down by the river. Didn't get any copperheads this time, but that's a good place to find them.
    "Damnation seize my soul if I give your quarters, or take any from you."

Edward Teach (1680 - 1718)

The only way you will ever get people to stop suckling at the teet of the whore of babylon is to sour the milk or make it run dry. - TGE

Thanks
    Lt Dan -- Lemme tellya, bro... you have got your dyslexia beaten to a pulp. I would never have guessed you had any problem like that, and I edit other authors' writings.

You are quite erudite as well as excellent at spelling.
    Over the last 5 years my internet spelling hag gone down the drain. Don't know if I'm as bad as Lt say's he is, but I've always been a little dxy, now I'll have half the words in a paragraph with red squiggly lines below them that I have to go back and fix. I sometimes don't have a replacement word in the dictionary so I have to delete the word and use something more low-brow to make the sentence. I still miss some. If you read my post you will almost see at least one mistake in every post even after I correct everything before hitting the button.

Gee, only had to go back and fix 4 this time.

The Breeze

20. The Following User Says Thank You to thebreeze For This Useful Post: