Thread: Tolerance and diversity to Google means absolute intolerance and no diversity

Thanks
    Thanked 1,954 Times in 581 Posts

Tolerance and diversity to Google means absolute intolerance and no diversity

In a memo to employees on Thursday afternoon, Google Chief Executive Officer Sundar Pichai said: "In recognition of Googlers’ concerns, we need to step back and create a better set of conditions for us to have the discussion," Pichai wrote. "So in the coming days we will find several forums to gather and engage with Googlers, where people can feel comfortable to speak freely."

Oh yeah, speak freely as long as everything said is 100% in compliance with hard left political correctness. Deviations will be dealt with immediately and harshly.

Several years ago I abandoned Firefox after they hounded their originator and CEO from the company for his crime of contributing in 2008 to a group advancing the proposition that marriage should be between a man and woman for the purpose of continuing the human race. I abandoned Firefox in favor of google. Now google reveals itself to be on the leading edge of poisonous hard left political correctness. But google is important because they control access to information. And they have announced that people who don't toe their hard left line deserve censure, firing, blacklisting, punishment, banning. I'm more than a little concerned with a group of people with such a rigid, uncompromising, punitive and hard left ideology acting as the gatekeeper of information for a significant portion of the world.

Poisonous political correctness has escaped the confines of the ivy league universities and is now rotting the high tech industry.

These people tolerate no dissent, no opinions other than theirs. You must obey or they will destroy you, but of course in the name of diversity and tolerance.
    "Liberalism isn’t Western culture, but its corpse."-Richard Fernandez

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

nothing good ever came from the upper class paying the lowest class to terrorize the middle class

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TomD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    As of now, I have 2 android phones, one of which is a Google Nexus + a Google Pixel tablet, use Chrome as a browser across a bunch of devices, use Google maps, Google Earth, use Google almost exclusively as a search engine. It's going to be difficult to impossible to avoid them entirely but I will avoid them to the greatest extent possible. I'll ditch Chrome, no more Google devices and whatever else I can figure. Fat lot of good it'll do, the entire tech industry is infected. They are totalitarian fascist leftists, they are the enemy.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

nothing good ever came from the upper class paying the lowest class to terrorize the middle class

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,460 Times in 1,869 Posts
    There was a picture posted on a thread of some politicians daughter that got sentenced for something. I can't remember what the charge was but I did a Google image search on the pic of her standing in a court room. Top three answers were totally misleading and irrelevant.
    She's nobody's President.

Thanks

Burn the Heretic!

Thanks

So no one here is in the least upset by PC?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ial-justice-w/

MSU professor Indrek Wichman says ‘social justice warriors’ are destroying engineering

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Wednesday, August 9, 2017
    A mechanical engineering professor at Michigan State University says “social justice warriors” are destroying the field because they’re injecting social issues where they don’t belong.
    Indrek Wichman, who has taught engineering for more than 30 years, told Campus Reform that social issues have “no place in a technical science-based education” where individuals should be judged by their merit.
    “The door to engineering is open to everyone, just as the floor of the basketball court is open to everyone, or applying to the [Navy] SEALS is open to everyone,” he said. “The question then is, are you good enough?”
    Mr. Wichman penned an essay about the issue last week, arguing that a science-based education should be “blind.”
    “Engineering does not care about your color, sexual orientation, or your other personal and private attributes. All it takes to succeed is to do the work well,” he wrote. “Even as an undergraduate many years ago, my engineering classmates and I noticed that fact, and we were proud to have a major that valued only the quality of one’s work. In that sense, engineering was like athletics, or music, or the military: there were strict and impersonal standards.
    Mr. Wichman lamented that “a phalanx of social justice warriors, ideologues, egalitarians, and opportunistic careerists has ensconced itself in America’s college and universities. The destruction they have caused in the humanities and social sciences has now reached to engineering.”

Mr. Wichman cited Purdue University’s recent appointment of School of Engineering Education Dean Donna Riley, who stated in her former bio at Smith College that she sought to “revise engineering curricula to be relevant to a fuller range of student experiences and career destinations, integrating concerns related to public policy, professional ethics and social responsibility; de-centering Western civilization; and uncovering contributions of women and other underrepresented groups.”
    Mr. Wichman took issue with two classes formerly taught by Ms. Riley at Smith College, which tackled issues like globalization, capitalism, feminism and “racist and colonialist projects in science.”
    Mr. Wichman said those issues serve as a distraction to fact-based science and should be left out.
    “Engineering education’s basic assumption is that engineering will be improved if the profession is crafted to be more diverse, but that is completely untested,” he wrote. “In the universe I live in, engineering is for those who want to and can be engineers. It’s not for everybody and there is no reason to believe that aptitude for engineering is evenly distributed.
    “Nobody wants to see an uncoordinated doofus on the NBA basketball court simply to add ‘diversity,’ ” Mr. Wichman said. “We pay to see top-notch talent compete for victory. We should apply the same standards to engineering and stop pretending that we can ‘game’ our wonderful profession so that anyone can succeed.”