Thread: USD vs. Gold & Silver Then and Now

Platinum Member
    Thanks

USD vs. Gold & Silver Then and Now

The USD is now at a level that is below November 2016 election day levels. While Gold and Silver have been hammered even lower than election day levels. Prices have shot up and down since November only to be lower now right along with the USD. WTH?

We are still buying and have starting adding a little more as the prices in the short term are being oversold. Looking at the way the USD is trending, prices of the metals should've bottomed already.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tribal Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,283 Posts
    I have no doubt it is pure manipulation. I am of the opinion that they can artificially keep metals wherever they please. I am so cynical that I am guessing they have the system so rigged there may be one Dr. Strangelove with his hand on a dial that changes it at will up or down as they get ready to destroy the dollar when the time is right.
    “One can't learn much and also be comfortable
    One can't learn much and let anybody else be comfortable”
    Charles Fort

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Platinum321 For This Useful Post:

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Yeah all these PM billionaires could've already made the CRIMEX default. Why haven't they?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,332 Times in 854 Posts
    ...It's because as long as they turn that crank, the money (real stuff) keeps landing in their basket.

We all accept that the dollar has to implode (and should have already). But the jiggery-pokery with the PM market keeps the fiat alive.

That's fine with me. I am on the cranky, wobbling train along with the rest of youse.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Yup, USD still tanking and PM's hardly moved up any. In years past PM's would've really moved up compared to how far the USD has fell in the last couple months.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,332 Times in 854 Posts
    I see the situation thusly:

Like a weight on a trap trigger, the weakening of the USD keeps adding more pressure on that trigger every single day.

Moreover, any weight already applied cannot be removed or reduced.

WHEN (and we all know it is not "IF") the final grain of weight trips that trigger... we are all horribly impacted. Yeah, us PM types will be in better shape... but not, most ricky-tick in GOOD shape.

Picture it:

We are on the Titanic. Because we have PM's, we get to climb into the half-empty lifeboats.

But, folks, a fargin lifeboat in the middle of the North Atlantic is NOT equal to the First Class staterooms on the ocean liner.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Unca Walt For This Useful Post: