Thread: Apmex

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 583 Posts

Apmex

Since there is a forum here entitled "Gold and Silver Dealer Reviews" and there is a discrete chance that someone brand new to metals will google by and read the posts on this forum looking for information on how to buy metals, we might as well have a few posts listing the "fool proof" methods of buying gold or silver.

They just might see some add on cable TV and call someone to get their free 'Gold Investor Kit" and end up with a significant portion of their life savings invested in MS65 1923 nickels or $700 slabbed Morgans or somesuch.

We already have a post on Provident but, for metals newby's public consumption, we need to say that APMEX is also a safe and reliable method to buy metals and no one will try to take advantage of you.

Buy metals at close to spot and don't ever buy collectables that you don't understand. There was a local shop that I used to buy a bunch from but 90+ of everything I've bought came from Apmex or Provident.

Couple of times from Gainesville Coin with no problems.

Oh yeah, anyone remember that Texas woman dealer who was the sweetheart of GIM back around 2006-2008? A bunch of us used to buy from her. Never had a problem with her and she went out of her way a few times to hunt stuff down for me. I remember asking for her to hunt down every Lunar Series 1 Dragon she could find. She flat came through when I couldn't find any at the regular online places.

two dragons by Tom, on Flickr
    Last edited by TomD; 04-06-2017 at 08:08 PM.
    "Liberalism isnít Western culture, but its corpse."-Richard Fernandez

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

nothing good ever came from the upper class paying the lowest class to terrorize the middle class

Thanks
    Thanked 1,372 Times in 823 Posts
    APMEX indeed 2 out of the last 3 times I ordered from them I was stiffed.
    #1 average circulated walking liberty coins that were cleaned, they didn't say cleaned coins
    in the ad/page.
    #2 beautiful coins
    #3 2 supposedly BU Peace Dollars a lot of shine but AU at best with black spots
    Eagles were sweet as always
    Every since the moved from from Edmond, Ok. To Oklahoma City and went bigtime
    their getting greedy and sloppy on occasion.
    But I don't have to worry Jim Willie tells me Silver's going to $1,000 an ounce soon .
    I'll be rich
    Thank you George for your astute insight...

"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac...War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it."

George Orwell

Thanks
    Ah yes Gainesville used to do them also last time about 2 years ago they got sloppy to (or is that too)
    a black magic marker around the rim of one of the BU eagles but might try them again with these APMEX
    experiences, I'm dying for some very fine extra fine walkers or franklins, I'm Jonesin I tell ya...

"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac...War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it."

George Orwell

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milomorai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Update on Peace dollar order... Gave a 3 star rating on a review and an exclamation of disappointment at the product I received.
    2 weeks later the review has not been posted it's still in review.

George Orwell

Thanks
    Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,870 Posts
    The reviews get reviewed? That's funny shit, brau.
    She's nobody's President.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Prospector For This Useful Post: