Thread: Password issues?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,259 Times in 1,173 Posts

Password issues?

I can't log in - old password doesn't work. I requested a new password and it doesn't work either. Now I'm stuck.

I still have a browser window that is logged in (obviously). Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks!
    PANEM ET CIRCENSES

Thanks
    Thanked 12,352 Times in 6,676 Posts
    Don't know your OS however, mine saves passwords. You MIGHT be able to check your system settings and find it. I would need to instruct it to display passwords instead of dots. I definitely aint no IT Guru.
    Working to commence to begin formulating a new and updated signature that will fully and faithfully at a minimum meet and or exceed the standards expected of all participating in this nobel forum.

Thanks
    My saved password wasn't working. That made me think someone either got my account or something else was up. The password that was sent to me in the reset email didn't work earlier, but just did.

Very strange...
    PANEM ET CIRCENSES

4. The Following User Says Thank You to birddog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,407 Times in 3,574 Posts
    Sometimes it's the browser or browser settings. I use Pale Moon Project at home, and had a hell of a time with both passwords and usernames. It didn't want me to use the same password........ever. For instance, I used the same password for ZH as I used for another news aggregator. NOPE! Fuck you Ancona, pick another one. Eventually, with the help of their web guys, I got it worked out, and it turned out to be the proprietary virus shit Lockheed Martin makes us use. We got them to tinker with it and that fixed it. Man, they didn't like that one bit, but fuck 'em and feed 'em fish heads I say. Those guys have some pretty tight asses over in their IT department. Government contractors can get really touchy about their software and software security, let me tell you. At first they told me to pound sand, and I said in a very calm and nice voice that I was just fine with that, but could you pleas put me in touch with your supervisor? I did that until I got three levels higher when all of a sudden I'm back with Spanky, the original IT manchild, who was more than happy to tweak my software and be just as helpful as he could. I'm not sure why, nor am I sure how I did it. Possibly, as a result of not losing my cool, and simply climbing through the food chain like a good little bitch, I got to the right person who simply called up Spanky and told him to do his fucking job and stop being a bitch.

If you have Norton.......lose it. Get anything else. Norton is only eating resources and ruining your internet experience. It can also throw wrenches just like this.
    Mark Ancona
    "Deo adjuvante non timendum"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ancona For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Interesting thing was it stopped working in both Edge and chrome at the same time. I did have it "save" the password and when I tried to have it login using the saved password it failed in both browsers. That is why I was kinda thinking the password was hacked or something. The new temp password didn't work right away, which was also weird.
    PANEM ET CIRCENSES

Thanks
    Thanked 32,369 Times in 10,291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Interesting thing was it stopped working in both Edge and chrome at the same time. I did have it "save" the password and when I tried to have it login using the saved password it failed in both browsers. That is why I was kinda thinking the password was hacked or something. The new temp password didn't work right away, which was also weird.
    If you disable windows update to block out the infestation of windows 10 this shizzle doesn't happen.
    "If evil hates you, You know you're on the right side."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irons For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    lol, I've been running windows 10 almost two years. I don't think that was it. But you never know......
    PANEM ET CIRCENSES

Thanks
    Thanked 13,708 Times in 4,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irons View Post
    If you disable windows update to block out the infestation of windows 10 this shizzle doesn't happen.
    When my desktop got hit by a lightening EMP or something that fried the phone companies modem, I bought a new desktop with win 10 on it, had it about a day, hated it, took it back, bought motherboard, processor and ram to rebuild my old computer. Windows 7 works pretty good, did not like what they did to 10. I even changed a bunch of stuff around to suit how I use a computer, but it just didn't feel right, so I restored the OS and returned. Microcenter gave me a full refund, no questions ask, just told them no thanks to 10. Albeit, I do not usually use windows for regular use. Got xp and Linux on an old netbook and Windows 7 duel booted with Linux on my laptop. I do not go online with windows so no updates etc. Use Linux only on my desktop. No issues with passwords in Linux, (yet), keeping fingers crossed on that.
    "You have to prepare to die to really understand how to live".

Thanks
    Thanked 12,515 Times in 6,513 Posts
    I love XP Pro, see no reason to "upgrade" to more nothing
    Not looking for trouble? What a horrible way to live! ~Cpt Jack Sparrow

Thanks
    Thanked 32,369 Times in 10,291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    lol, I've been running windows 10 almost two years. I don't think that was it. But you never know......
    I was just having fun, glad you noticed. I ran never 10 and my win 7 machines all run like champs now.
    I don't care if I ever get a win 10 machine.
    "If evil hates you, You know you're on the right side."