Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nobody has read anything since 2013?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,395 Times in 6,448 Posts
    Not looking for trouble? What a horrible way to live! ~Cpt Jack Sparrow

Thanks
    G3 and I were discussing if a person could lose citizenship and be deported....during that discussion I remembered reading this in HS

The Man Without a Country and Other Tales
    Last edited by DodgebyDave; 02-13-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,678 Times in 1,922 Posts
    Some good books to recommend. I read these last year.

"The Republic of Pirates" by Colin Woodward Nonfiction. Fantastic historical book. Covers roughly from 1696 to 1730. This was so good, I read it twice.

"Under the Black Flag" by David Cordingly Nonfiction. Good book. Covered some areas not covered in "The Republic". Got the impression, however, that the author rushed the last third of the book.

"A Pirate of Exquisite Mind" by Diana and Michael Preston Nonfiction. Excellent book about the life of William Dampier. Explorer, naturalist, and buccaneer. Circumnavigated the globe three times in an age where crossing the Pacific was a major feat. And he reached Australia eighty years before Captain Cook. He was also the first explorer to visit five continents.

"The Pirate Hunter" by Richard Zachs Nonfiction. Very good historical book covering the true story of Captain Kidd.
    "Damnation seize my soul if I give your quarters, or take any from you."

Edward Teach (1680 - 1718)

The only way you will ever get people to stop suckling at the teet of the whore of babylon is to sour the milk or make it run dry. - TGE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CiscoKid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,457 Times in 1,866 Posts
    Another tag sale find. This time had to pay half of a dollar. Trump and Kiyosaki's book titled "Why we want you to be rich". Printed in 2006.

Seems our wonderful President has had an eye on the financial mess for a long time.
    She's nobody's President.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
    I even have trouble reading his posts sometimes. Kind of frustrating trying to read when he writes like he probably talks - like we all understand southern Floridian speech.
    Actually, Walt is a excellent story teller and I found "The Cadet" very well written.
    You don’t get change by being polite, you have to offend people sometimes, or nothing will happen.

People rather die with a lie than live with the truth when the truth means: ”you’ve been fooled all of your life”.

The Breeze

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thebreeze For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    This is the latest one that I have on order. https://smile.amazon.com/Thieves-Emp...ieves+emporium

Can't remember where I saw it recommended.
    I really enjoyed that book although the author really didn't go very far down the Badlands rabbit hole. I have ventured into that area for years now, though I've haven't visited much since KdotC got busted. The .gov is and has always had a presence there. I also don't use Bitcoin and many of the sellers there only accept it. Little known factoid is that the Badlands makes up more than 70% of all internet traffic.

Anyone can tour and buy. You need TOR to get started, then get other software from the Bazaar. TOR has a wiki page that will open you up to some of the Badlands. It's a self learning process, no one is going to teach you, although Hernandez's book was a good primer, and pretty much more non-fiction, than fiction.
    You don’t get change by being polite, you have to offend people sometimes, or nothing will happen.

People rather die with a lie than live with the truth when the truth means: ”you’ve been fooled all of your life”.

The Breeze

Thanks