Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181
Results 2,701 to 2,708 of 2708

Thread: Never ending winter

Thanks
    Thanked 10,443 Times in 3,594 Posts
    Has ice on the windshield this morning that took the defroster ten minutes to melt off. Shitballs! It's only going to get up to about forty five today and then right back down to 32 tonight. My porch cat Freeloader is chilling out with the little heater I gave him in front of the little pillow fort I built for him. He seems smart enough to hang out mostly in there, so I think he'll be OK'. He's a big ol' half Siamese feral that only I am able to play with and handle, since I am the "giver of the food and treats". He even does a couple of tricks for me if I feed his pieces of lunch meat. The neighbor on the other hand, left his poor dog on the fucking chain out in the cold, so I took an old comforter over and bunched it up for him as best I could. He was all balled up in it when I pulled out this morning. The guy can be a real dick sometimes. Wouldn't even let the dog sleep on the porch.
    Mark Ancona
    "Deo adjuvante non timendum"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ancona For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 891 Posts
    Just saw a story that said the Iguanas were falling out of the trees down there

Quote Originally Posted by ancona View Post
    Has ice on the windshield this morning that took the defroster ten minutes to melt off. Shitballs! It's only going to get up to about forty five today and then right back down to 32 tonight. My porch cat Freeloader is chilling out with the little heater I gave him in front of the little pillow fort I built for him. He seems smart enough to hang out mostly in there, so I think he'll be OK'. He's a big ol' half Siamese feral that only I am able to play with and handle, since I am the "giver of the food and treats". He even does a couple of tricks for me if I feed his pieces of lunch meat. The neighbor on the other hand, left his poor dog on the fucking chain out in the cold, so I took an old comforter over and bunched it up for him as best I could. He was all balled up in it when I pulled out this morning. The guy can be a real dick sometimes. Wouldn't even let the dog sleep on the porch.
    Thank you George for your astute insight...

"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac...War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it."

George Orwell

Thanks
    Thanked 13,733 Times in 4,917 Posts
    Presently sitting at 10 degrees, heat wave, get out the surf boards. All our water is kinda hard.
    "You have to prepare to die to really understand how to live".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lt Dan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,530 Times in 6,525 Posts
    Ice pellets. They feel like pellets. I blame the southern states for this one!
    Not looking for trouble? What a horrible way to live! ~Cpt Jack Sparrow

Thanks
    Thanked 2,584 Times in 985 Posts
    Well... I wuz sittin', readin'... yesterday...

And the A/C came on. Yup. It was 81*

Thanks
    Thanked 2,023 Times in 616 Posts
    I moved from north Atlanta metro, where I lived for most of my life, to the Florida Panhandle about 10 years ago. This year is the closest thing to a winter that I've seen since I've been here. Usually it's more like an early to mid spring, the best weather we have all year long.
    "Liberalism isn’t Western culture, but its corpse."-Richard Fernandez

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

nothing good ever came from the upper class paying the lowest class to terrorize the middle class

Thanks
    Thanked 1,466 Times in 891 Posts
    18 degrees with snow on the ground here from 2 days ago, next Tuesday -2 with 17 mph wind gonna be cool
    Thank you George for your astute insight...

"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac...War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it."

George Orwell

Thanks
    Thanked 12,530 Times in 6,525 Posts
    right now it's 15* warmer than this time yesterday
    Not looking for trouble? What a horrible way to live! ~Cpt Jack Sparrow