Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Any Pocket Change or Teller Tray Scores lately people

Thanks
    Thanked 1,934 Times in 638 Posts
    Prospector:
    Really appreciate the posts on your finds. From 2009-2014 I was getting $1000.00 in halves almost every week plus some dimes and quarters here and there. I ceased CRH prospecting when silver-er crashed below $20 and when one of my dump banks cut me off...I was looking for a good excuse to quit cold turkey anyway as the return was arguably not worth the time invested. It was fun finding silvers but not fun picking up and dumping all the clad. In the end, I ended up with ~110 oz of constitutional silver for face value. Best wishes and good luck in your prospecting endeavors.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,457 Times in 1,866 Posts
    Thats some serious jingle, Mr. Pyramid sir. I have fun with it. Hadn't put much time into bank hopping lately. The best part is seeing the grandkids eyes light up when I have them go through the rolls.
    She's nobody's President.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Prospector For This Useful Post:

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyramid View Post
    Prospector:
    Really appreciate the posts on your finds. From 2009-2014 I was getting $1000.00 in halves almost every week plus some dimes and quarters here and there. I ceased CRH prospecting when silver-er crashed below $20 and when one of my dump banks cut me off...I was looking for a good excuse to quit cold turkey anyway as the return was arguably not worth the time invested. It was fun finding silvers but not fun picking up and dumping all the clad. In the end, I ended up with ~110 oz of constitutional silver for face value. Best wishes and good luck in your prospecting endeavors.
    Most of the Chase banks we dumped at got rid of their coin machines. So that leaves our dump options to Coinstars, store machines, and/or 2 local banks. So we cut back for that reason and the fact that work has became too busy and not enough free time to go through the rolls anymore.

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    Since 2003, we've found over 50 rolls of 40% and 90% halves. Obviously a lot more were 40%'ers I didn't keep track of each, but the funny thing is we did find many walkers and franklins through out the years. So the time was worth it, it was fun father(my dad)/son and father(me)/daughter time. We still go through some halves every other week or so, but we ain't finding much silver anymore.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tribal Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,372 Times in 823 Posts
    Latest roll search results a couple of 30's 40's Wheaties 1917-D Wheatie, 2 Roosevelt Dimes in about $160 bucks in rolls
    I need 3 more war nickels to make a full roll after I sold all my war nickels to Jim P 3 or 4 years back, almost a full set of
    them again only need a 43D. But enough about me what you been gettin
    Thank you George for your astute insight...

"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac...War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it."

George Orwell

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Warrior View Post
    Since 2003, we've found over 50 rolls of 40% and 90% halves. Obviously a lot more were 40%'ers I didn't keep track of each, but the funny thing is we did find many walkers and franklins through out the years. So the time was worth it, it was fun father(my dad)/son and father(me)/daughter time. We still go through some halves every other week or so, but we ain't finding much silver anymore.
    Oh you rich guys, only picked up 4 40%er's and 2 90% kennedys in the last few years othe than what I've bought from APMEX and the like

"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac...War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it."

George Orwell

Thanks
    More slim pickings... Coin counter magnetic strip today (1) $1 Canadian coin, (1) 1943 D steel cent.
    Penny roll search (About 8 rolls)...1944 P-D-S (1) each.
    95% copper pennys 1959-1981 about a $1.25, yes I still collect 95% coppers (even though it's fallen out of favor these days)
    Just something to save until I get enough for a silver score Then I cash them in. Cheers ya'll

George Orwell

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Milomorai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    $100 worth of dime rolls... (1) 1958 D silver dime
    7 rolls pennies... 48 95% copper pennies

That's all folks

George Orwell

Thanks
    Just like the lottery. You can't win if you don't play.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Prospector For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I did score $2 on Power Ball last Saturday Eve. That's about as good as my coin roll searches.
    6 rolls pennies today 2 Wheaties 1954-D, 1956-D

George Orwell

Thanks
    That's just like coin searching. If nothing else you get your initial investment back.