Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Any Pocket Change or Teller Tray Scores lately people

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 998 Posts
    here's big score from two days ago but hat's not what I'm trying to convey. some where I was reading here or someplace else
    silver was plentiful, I don't know about the high roller stuff 100 oz and above just was looking around APMEX, JM Bullion,
    Gainesville Coins, Provident but overall the don't have a big selection compared to last year in many of the older eagles, Morgan , Peace & 90% junk stuff for the smaller Investor course they might be all in those 100-1000 $-Oz bags for you high rollers
    any way picked up 5 big random year eagles and UN peace $. Just sayin folks

44-p.JPG
    Thank you George for your astute insight...

"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac...War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it."

George Orwell

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milomorai For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,489 Times in 3,617 Posts
    Nice find Sir!
    Mark Ancona
    "Deo adjuvante non timendum"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ancona For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Well you know how I like to roll search coins, it's even better when you search your mail box and find neat stuff
    Found this today from APMEX the must have delivered it yesterday (Saturday) the tracking service said it wasn't due till Monday.
    5 random year eagles 2 2009, 3 2014 and this...

1924-P Peace Dollar Reverse 01.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Milomorai; 12-11-2017 at 05:53 PM.

"Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac...War against a foreign country only happens when the moneyed classes think they are going to profit from it."

George Orwell

Thanks
    I know I know your thinking penny anti peanuts but a penny saved is a penny earned
    1-1952P,1-1953P, 1-1953S, 1954D ExF condition, 1-1955D... and Wait for it 1 1943P Silver War Nickel

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Milomorai; 12-18-2017 at 07:48 PM.

George Orwell

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Milomorai For This Useful Post:

Platinum Member
    Thanks
    We still find a lot of wheat pennies, decent nickel dates, and some silver half dollars. The half dollars though have nearly dried up as far as silver goes in the Mid west brink boxes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tribal Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Sad day in Mudville $ 100 in dimes and $40 nickels nothing but common date 40's & 50's nickels
    1941-P, 1942-P copper/nickel, 1946- P, 1952- P, 1953-D, 1954-D...

DSC00579.JPG

George Orwell

Thanks
    Why do I save common date Wheaties no one wants... just because, latest roll search finds and about a $1 worth of 95% coppers... 1940-S, 1947-D, 1955-D, 1953-D
    out of 10 rolls of pennies

another small score.jpg

George Orwell

Thanks
    Alright people I'm not gonna lie to ya and tell you that I found these while searching through a roll of pennies or nickels
    I won't bore you with my dreadfully bad experience at Walmart about an Hour ago. I won't give you a sob story how the
    Gas & Electric company turned my power and gas off this morning and my dog Rover got run over by a car yesterday, I'll
    just give you the straight truth.

Well they had a local gun and coin show here today and since I didn't have but $7 cash money I decided that those Euro,
    Peso and Canadian coins I've been pulling out of the bank coin machine for the last couple of years were not needed since I don't plan on going to Canada and sure not Europe or Mexico so I thought I'd take them down there and see if I could trade them for some silver, while I got ripped off I'm still glad I traded for more silver. About $70 face value common date foreign They usually give you 50% for the likes. so I figure this was almost 50% for the 90% silver
    these babies

George Orwell

Thanks
    Not doing much lately Grabbed this from the bank change machine magnetic strip yesterday

George Orwell

Thanks
    another sad day at the copper mines

George Orwell

Thanks
    Today's big score, alright not so big raunched out 1955-D, 1957-D, 1883 in fine-very fine supposedly worth
    $10 to $15 bucks

George Orwell

Thanks
    a few more common dates to add to the stash
    1 Canadian Quarter, 1 2cent Euro coin, 1 Canadian penny
    1 41-P Jefferson nickel, 1946-D Jefferson Nickel, 1 1951-P Jefferson Nickel
    and Wheaties 1937-P, 1944-P, 3 1945-D's, 1 1953-S, 1 1956-P
    and about a buck and a half worth of 95% copper pennies 59 to 81
    oh yea and a 20 cent Mexican coin

George Orwell

Thanks
    Latest score

George Orwell

Thanks
    Thanked 2,044 Times in 625 Posts
    My biggest score ever was in the mid-80's sometime behind a kid (around 12 or so) in a grocery store line. He had a kart with a bunch of candy. Was paying very little attention until he started to pay using a large pocketful of change. I visually zoomed in and it was all 90%, he had probably ripped his father or grandfather off. Made a quick offer, paid for his candy with a couple of bucks to boot and got all of the silver. I did later get a conscience attack but karma struck about 10 years later when that silver, and a lot other, was stolen in a burglary.

I'm pretty sure it been more than 20 years since I've stumbled into 90% in the wild.
    "Liberalism isn’t Western culture, but its corpse."-Richard Fernandez

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

nothing good ever came from the upper class paying the lowest class to terrorize the middle class

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TomD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    when I was 11 about 1961 had a friend who I would hang with occasionally who would rip off his dad
    (didn't think much about it then) the kicker is he would give me and this other guy some of his loot.
    I particularly remember a nice silver Benjamin half doller he gave me with some other silver.

any way here a 2 day score, as usual not much. did find another Indian head penny though

George Orwell